Sat, 07 Aug|
Cultural Awareness For Yoga Communities
An in depth look into Cultural awareness for yoga practitioners
Time & Location
07 Aug 2021, 12:30 pm – 7:00 pm
About the Event
First Nations peoples free and one bursary available for others in each session as per below
WE REQUIRE ALL PARTICIPANTS TO COMPLETE THE 50 MIN SBS CULTURAL INCLUSION PROGRAM - ABORIGINAL AND TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER PROGRAM BEFORE ATTENDING THE TRAINING.
(step-by-step to purchase the SBS course at the bottom of this description)
We have a 30% discount offer from SBS for our participants.
You will receive this code when you enrol in our Cultural Awareness program.
Eve White and Jem Stone provide this training online .
You can choose to join for 1.5 hours or continue for the full 3 hour or continue for the full 1 Day training.
The 1.5 hour includes :
1. What does it mean to practice on this ancient land?
2. Yaaning, normalising ceremony and creating real Acknowledgement of Country
3. Caring and connecting to Country and Community - Reciprocity
4. Exploring our own ancestry and cultural connections
5. Teaching with cultural awareness
10 Minute break
The 3 hour training all that's included in the 1.5 hour training and ...
6. Navigating the territory of cultural appropriation
7. Going deeper - songlines, totemic connection and aligning with natural cycles
8. What is traditional wellbeing - decolonising wellness and what that looks like
9.Touching on trauma in a safe place
10. Traditional wisdom for modern lives - Dadirri, Wayapa, Kanyini and We Al-li and Ngangkarri
Half Hour Break
The 1 Day training includes the addition to the contents of the 1.5 and 3 hour training :
12. Practice Module - Dance with Eve White
13. Practice Module - Earth Connection with Jem Stone
14. The Yaan Circle
We provide a bursary position in all of our trainings for someone, in the spirit of reciprocity. There are three bursaries available :
1 day training.
Please apply here
SBS - Inclusion Course (step-by-step)
1) Click on the SBS link provided on the Cultural Awareness Training description Inclusion Program
2) click on Pricing
3) select Individuals
4) select Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Course
6) make the payment
7) We have a 30% discount offer from SBS for our participants. You will receive this code when you enrol in our Cultural Awareness program.
We are offering 25% discount for anyone experiencing difficulties.
Please just get in touch with us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.